Donate Your Car
Donate Your Car
Donating your car to the Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad saves lives by providing valuable training to our firefighters and EMTs. We rely on used car donations to practice scenarios like using our hydraulic equipment (e.g. the “Jaws of Life”) to rescue a trapped individual, or extricating a child with a serious spinal injury from a car seat, to name a few.
The process is easy and free to you. We accept cars in any condition, even those that are not running.
How to donate
- Form. Fill out the below form with basic contact information.
- Arrange. We will reach out to you via phone or email to arrange a pick-up or drop-off time.
- Pick-Up / Drop-Off. At your chosen time, we will pick-up your car via tow, or, you can drop off the car at our station. Towing is provided for free if the vehicle is not running.
- Receipt. A completed IRS tax donation form (1098-C) will be completed and mailed to you.
Preparing your vehicle
After filling out the above form and arranging a pick-up or drop-off time with us, here’s what you need to do.
- Find your car title. Sign the section “signature of seller(s)”, but avoid filling anything out on the “Name of Buyer” or “Address of Buyer” lines. We’ll do that for you.
- Remove your license plates from your car after dropping it off or prior to pick up. You will need to return your license plates to the MVA.
- If you are dropping off…
- Drive and park your car at the Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad at the arranged time and notify a member at the station that you have dropped your car off.
- Give your keys and title to a member at the station.
- If we are picking it up…
- Just prior to your scheduled pick-up, put your signed title in the glove box of the vehicle, as well as the keys in the ignition.